Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Little Vaca to St. George

The weekend before Thanksgiving we headed out to visit the family in St. George. We hadn't been out since mom's surgery so we want to visit and give mom an early Christmas present. Since we aren't able to be there all the time we wanted mom to know that we love her and are thinking of her all the time. We wanted her to feel our hugs even when we weren't there so I made her a quilt embroidered with the words 'Autumn Leaves'.

Brackon wrote an earlier post titled 'Autumn Leaves' that talked all about mom and what a special and strong person she is. It was beautiful and we wanted her to remember that so we put it on her blanket.
Of course we couldn't be in St. George and not hit IN-N-OUT! You can NEVER get enough IN-N-OUT!!!! YUMMY!!






We had so much fun visiting with mom and dad and the rest of the family. Just before we left to come home we had mom get in a picture with all the grandbabies! We love our grandma!!!

6 comments:

Tyler and Kacie said...

2 wittle peanuts are missing....MY wittle peanuts! hehehehehehe

Mindie said...

I'm so glad we got to see you for a minute. We miss u all so much! Love you xoxoxo

cmkdca88 said...

YAY FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! And PLEASE stop referencing the Autumn Leaves poem - I flippin cry just thinking about it!!!!!!! ;) What an awesome idea, though...stupid creative people!

Carlye Momma said...

WOW! What an INCREDIBLY thoughtful and beautiful gift for Aunt Laurie. Thank you for posting these pictures! I miss my Aunt Laurie so much and wish I could wrap my arms around her too!

Bawling like a baby here...THANKS for THAT!

laurie said...

It was wonderful having you come to visit. Ya, I haven't been to IN-N-OUT since..... because of all I ate!! Double-double, fries and choc. shake. Dad was so happy I ate more than him. I have to savor the memory because it aint happenin again. I have to steer clear. I absolutely LOVE my quilt, Marcie. Its beautiful and warm and I think of all of you every time I use it. Thank you so much. Talk to you soon! Hugs and kisses to you
all ~ love mom

Quarantine Coronacation said...

I am sure that Laurie loved having her family near her. Her children and grand children must give her so much joy.